Can your prenatal paternity test also tell you the gender?
Yes, we offer you the option of establishing the gender of the baby with our prenatal paternity test. If you opt to use blood samples for alleged father instead of mouth swabs, we can even confirm the gender of the baby for an additional $100.
- Our Gender determination is only available with our non-invasive prenatal paternity testing when blood is provided for the alleged father.
- It is important that you add this service to your order at the checkout if you would like to know your baby’s Gender as it CANNOT be added once your kit has been dispatched.
How accurate is the non-invasive prenatal test?
Our test is extremely reliable offering 99.9% accurate results. We use cutting-edge bioinformatics technology (an important field in genomic research) and advanced computing techniques to extract the fetal DNA from maternal blood samples. This eliminates all possible risks.
Our test is available starting at the 9th week of pregnancy (the 9th week following the first day of your last menstrual cycle). You can use our pregnancy calculator to work out your dates.
The cost of our test for testing one alleged father and the expectant mother is of AUD 1595 including the sample collection. Results are ready in 7-10 working days.
How do I carry out my prenatal test?
Carrying out our test could not be easier! Once you have made your purchase we can dispatch your kit to any address chosen by you. We use a rapid delivery mailing service to ensure you get your kit in the shortest time possible. This is a special kit prepared just for this type of test and contains:
- 2 blood collection tubes for the maternal blood samples and mouth swabs for the paternal DNA sample. These are medical tubes and contain a special anti-coagulating chemical to preserve the blood. Please ensure they are filled fully as this test requires 20ml of blood.
- Consent forms which authorize us to analyze your blood samples.
- A courier service for return of samples to the laboratory. This is included in the price of AUD 1595. Once samples are collected, just call the number inside your kit and have them collect it and deliver it to our laboratory.
Bioinformatics, science and genetics
Our non-invasive prenatal paternity test is available thanks to a recent scientific breakthrough. Using advanced bioinformatics, we are able to carry out molecular analysis of maternal plasma and extract cell –free fetal DNA. This is not ordinary post-natal paternity test were we use a simple 16 genetic marker profile. This test is altogether very different – in fact we analyze hundreds of thousands of special genetic markers that we call SNPs or single nucleotide polymorphisms.
The only time we cannot conduct the test is if the Mother is expecting twins or if the alleged Fathers are close blood relatives.
If the man tested is the biological father of the unborn baby, we will provide a result that is 99.9% accurate. If he is not the biological father, the result will show a 0% probability.
Why cell free fetal DNA?
Cell free fetal DNA is key to the success and accuracy of our DNA test. Many companies offering a similar test to ours actually use cell-enclosed fetal DNA (technically called nucleated fetal DNA). Once a woman has given birth, cell free fetal DNA has a very short half live and clears out of the body in a matter of minutes. The problem with prenatal paternity tests that use nucleated or cell enclosed DNA is that this DNA may persist for years in the maternal blood stream. If the expectant mother has had previous pregnancies (irrespective of whether she has terminated the pregnancy, given birth or miscarried), the nucleated DNA of the baby she was carrying will remain in her blood. This means that once in the laboratory, analysis of nucleated DNA can lead to misdiagnosis and a wrong result. With our DNA test you will not have this problem: it is 100% safe, 99.9% accurate and has no chance of misdiagnosis.
Testing for Down’s syndrome and other abnormalities
Have any concerns about being pregnant with a Down syndrome child? The results of this non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) will provide a clear indication of whether the fetus carries certain conditions such as Down’s syndrome. Read more about the non-invasive Down’s syndrome test we offer.