Terms and Conditions
The prices quoted for each discreet sample in the Forensics section is additional to the normal cost of the DNA test you have selected
- Once the DNA is successfully extracted from the sample, this can then be used for any of our DNA tests. The type of sample submitted will not effect the accuracy of the results as once the DNA is extracted it is the same regardless of the sample it is obtained from.
- DNA testing using discreet samples can be used only for curiosity purposes since it is not normally possible to verify the source of the sample. Only in cases where it is possible to verify the source of the sample and a strict chain of custody procedure has been observed then the sample may be admissible in a court of law.
- homeDNAdirect cannot unconditionally guarantee successful analysis of these samples. Of course, based on the experience of the ISO17025 accredited laboratory, every attempt will be made to provide you with the results you require. Payment is required even where it was not possible to obtain a DNA Profile.
- Discounts for sending more than one discreet sample may apply and is normally reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Forensic Testing results are normally available in around 5-7 working days but is case dependent.
- Where possible, we strongly recommend using our DNA testing kit and collecting the samples through the oral swabs supplied in the kit. This will make the test more economical and elevate the probability of obtaining a result.
- The person submitting a discreet sample assumes full responsibility for sending these samples and purchasing the DNA test.
In line with the Human Tissue Act, DNA testing in the UK using discreet DNA samples CANNOT be performed unless the person who’s sample is tested gives consent. In the case of minors, you are able to consent on their behalf if you have parental responsibility.
We recommend that if you intend to send a discreet DNA sample for your paternity testing requirements, you contact in advance and our technical team can discuss your case and quote you accordingly.