Home DNA Paternity Test
Need a peace of mind paternity test? Then why not opt for our home paternity testing service? This test starts at only $259 for testing one alleged father and child. This cost is all inclusive. There are NO EXTRA FEES. Our 21 genetic marker DNA test result is 99.99% accurate.
A home test is the quickest, cheapest and most scientific way of establishing the paternity of a child. The test is done in the privacy and comfort of your own home and you therefore, need not worry about any issues of privacy or anonymity. Once we have your samples in the laboratory, we will email you your due date. You will receive your results 5 to 7 working days later! Our paternity and maternity tests are carried out using a 21 genetic locus DNA profile.
Home versus legal paternity testing
Results of a home test are not court admissible. This is because the sample collection is carried out by the test participants themselves. If you need a legal DNA test or court admissible results, you will need to carry out a legal test. The samples for a legal test are collected with oral swabs and using our own kit. What differs however between a home test and a legal test is that the latter requires a neutral third party professional to collect the DNA samples needed for the test. With a legal test, all possibilities of cheating or switching DNA samples (whether accidentally or on purpose) are eliminated.
You can carry out a DNA test with many different samples besides the oral swabs we provide inside out kit. Our advanced forensic testing methods make it possible for us to analyse DNA samples such a hairs, teeth, nail clippings and stains of bodily fluids. Why not take a look at our discreet sample list page and learn more about this service?
How does a paternity test work?
Whichever sample you choose to use, the laboratory analysis is the same. Our paternity testing service is based on the extraction and the analysis of 21 different genetic markers. We compare the genetic markers (which make up the DNA profiles of the people tested) to determine the probability of paternity. If all genetic markers are the same when we compare the profiles of the alleged father and child, we can conclude that he is the biological father. If there are markers which do not match on the alleged profile of the alleged father and child, this would indicate he is not the biological father.
To fully complete our paternity test result, we carry out a statistical analysis which highlights the probability that the alleged father is the biological father of the child when compared to another unrelated male within the same ethnic group. If the probability of paternity is 99.99% or higher, the tested male is the biological father; if the probability of paternity is 0% then the tested male is not the father of the child (these figures are for paternity tests carried out with the mother’s DNA sample).
If the paternity DNA test is done motherless, the probability of paternity is slightly lower (99.9% in cases where the tested man is the biological father). We do always suggest you send the mother’s DNA sample as this can help us give you a more accurate result.
Proceed to order your test today or discuss your case with us should you have any questions. You can also view a complete list of our paternity tests including the prices by selecting the order now button below. homeDNAdirect Australia has available different types of paternity tests; browse our DNA paternity services main page for more information.